Sometimes in life, we can get wrapped up in our own problems and issues that we have to deal with. I certainly know this for myself, but I have started to realize that other people have lives as well. There are many people in pain. There are many people struggling to get through each day. This is why we have to be aware of each other. I encourage you to remember that people hurt and the world isn’t all about us. It’s time that we try to stop focusing on ourselves and look to be compassionate and kind to the people around us. So, this is my challenge for you: when you are walking down the street, smile at a stranger. That’s it. It may not seem like such a huge task but I can guarantee that the simple smile that you display will have a positive effect on that person. A smile is warm and welcoming. You never know, you could be smiling at someone who just got laid off from their job. Maybe they lost someone close to them. Maybe they’re just simply having a bad day. However, what you will notice is that they will smile back, and you will feel the warmth and kindness. It’s a simple gesture that we can exchange with complete strangers that will brighten their day. There is enough pain and hurt in this world. Change starts with you and me. So try it, smile! You will find it rewarding for yourself but also for others around you!
The Thornycroft Diatribe Supports Project Censored: The News That Didn’t Make the News
Join 33,000 subscribers!
- Charlottesville, Vancouver and Gandhi: Taking On Authoritarianism August 21, 2017
- Charlottesville: There Are No More Equivalencies August 18, 2017
- Can Trudeau Be The Adult In The Room on North Korea? August 14, 2017
- Charlottesville Riots: Trump Criticized August 13, 2017
- Revisiting the “Santorum” Neologism August 10, 2017
- Brew Reviews: Driftwood Brewing’s Fat Tug IPA August 9, 2017
- The White House Has Sprung a Leak: What We Know So Far August 9, 2017