Sometimes in life, we can get wrapped up in our own problems and issues that we have to deal with. I certainly know this for myself, but I have started to realize that other people have lives as well. There are many people in pain. There are many people struggling to get through each day. This is why we have to be aware of each other. I encourage you to remember that people hurt and the world isn’t all about us. It’s time that we try to stop focusing on ourselves and look to be compassionate and kind to the people around us. So, this is my challenge for you: when you are walking down the street, smile at a stranger. That’s it. It may not seem like such a huge task but I can guarantee that the simple smile that you display will have a positive effect on that person. A smile is warm and welcoming. You never know, you could be smiling at someone who just got laid off from their job. Maybe they lost someone close to them. Maybe they’re just simply having a bad day. However, what you will notice is that they will smile back, and you will feel the warmth and kindness. It’s a simple gesture that we can exchange with complete strangers that will brighten their day. There is enough pain and hurt in this world. Change starts with you and me. So try it, smile! You will find it rewarding for yourself but also for others around you!
Join 33,000 subscribers!
- The Philando Castile Shooting: Another Police Officer Acquitted (Video) June 22, 2017
- First Nations Residential Schools: A New Series From The Diatribe June 21, 2017
- Bullies in Nova Scotia Meet Their Match And Then Some June 20, 2017
- ISIS Leader Reportedly Killed Via Russian Airstrike June 16, 2017
- Stating The Obvious: Yes, Guns DO Kill People – Quite Effectively June 15, 2017
- Will The Gig Economy Destroy Corporate America How We Know It? June 14, 2017
- Freelance Identity STOLEN June 14, 2017